Hearing Aid Repair & Maintenance Services in Sidney & Victoria
Hearing aids are devices with many tiny moving and electronic parts that can be easily affected by a lack of maintenance. If you want to make sure that your hearing aids work their best and last for a long time, it is important to make sure they are frequently cleaned and maintained.
Even if you maintain your hearing aids properly, they may experience small breakdowns or malfunction over time for reasons outside your control. Parts wear out, they might get dropped, or there might be a defect in their manufacture.
We provide some tips on maintaining your hearing aids and information on our repair services.
If you have any questions about the maintenance you should be doing on your hearing aids please contact us for assistance.
Hearing Aid Maintenance & Cleaning
It is always a good idea to clean and maintain your hearing aids regularly, for a number of reasons. First, it helps make sure they operate at peak effectiveness so your hearing experience with them is always at its best. Second, it also helps prevent the need for frequent repairs which can leave you without any hearing aid until it is fixed.
Here is our recommended basic maintenance list for your hearing aids:
- Dry them regularly — place your hearing aids in a dehumidifier or UV-light when you are not using them to dry them out (e.g., overnight while you sleep).
- Clean them regularly — gently clear away any debris, such as ear wax, from the ports and vents using a special brush or wax cleaner. (Note: ask the clinic how often people should clean their HA’s)
- Check the battery regularly — Make sure the battery was placed in the hearing aid properly and that it was fully inserted into the device.
- Use wax filters — they help block your ear wax from building up in your hearing aid and blocking its ability to operate effectively.
These are the basics you should follow. You can get special hearing aid maintenance accessories to make it easier to maintain them at home. You can contact us at any time for more maintenance advice, or to ask about our available cleaning products!
Hearing Aid Repair
It is not uncommon for hearing aids to need repair work done over time, similar to any other small electrical device. If you experience any issues with your hearing aids that need repair, we encourage you to bring it into one of our clinics as soon as you can manage.
Why We're Different
Free Hearing Aid Trial
We are able to fix most problems right in our clinics and get them back to you very soon. It can be something as simple as clearing out a blockage or fixing or replacing a basic worn part. If it is in need of more serious repairs we can have it send it away to the manufacturer for you to have it fixed.
Hearing Aid Tuning & Fitting Adjustments
Hearing aids may need adjustments or extra tuning done when you start to wear the new hearing aids. Don’t be afraid to speak up if something needs to be changed! It is a team effort to make sure your hearing aids work as well as they can to help you.
Here are some signs that you might need to come in to make adjustments to your hearing aids:
- Whistling like sounds in your ear
- Volume fluctuations
- Additional hearing loss
- Pain or discomfort in or around your ear
You may also find that, over time, your hearing goes through slight changes. This can lead to your hearing aids not helping as much as they can. This is why we recommend our clients return for an annual hearing check up, so we can see if you would benefit from slight adjustments and tuning made to your current hearing aids so you always hear your best..
Remote Care Appointments
Some new hearing aids can be equipped with an accessory that allows you to make remote appointments with our audiologists. That means you can sit at home, at a cafe with your phone, or while you are traveling over the winter while we tune your hearing aid. All you need is a reliable internet connection.
The remote hearing aid service is available for people that have remote hearing care compatibility hearing aids, smartphone technology and a wi-fi connection.
Remote care appointments are very valuable for people in the following conditions:
- Stuck at home during inclement weather, especially during the winter
- Accessibility concerns if getting to a clinic is more difficult for you
- Traveling to warmer climates during the winter and far away from your clinic
Want to know if your hearing aid is compatible for remote care appointments? Call us today!